This carrot soup with coconut milk is quick, ridiculously easy, and so delicious you won’t want to share… but don’t worry, it makes a big pot, so you will have leftovers!
The soup was inspired by a recipe I had seen in passing but was unable to find it when I needed it… so I cooked up my own version!
Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup with Coconut Milk
- 2 pounds of carrots, cleaned and chopped
- 1 medium to large onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic gloves, peeled
- 1.5 inch hunk of ginger, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1, 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: cilantro leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
- Place carrots, onion, garlic, and ginger in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil to coat veggies evenly, then transfer to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- In two batches, place the roasted carrot mixture in a high-power blender with the chicken or vegetable broth divided and blend until completely pureed.
- Pour pureed mixture into a pot over medium-high heat, add coconut milk, turmeric, and pepper then stir to combine; simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Pro tip! I like to buy organic carrots for this recipe, so I can just give them a good rinse and chop! Who has time for peeling carrots? Also, want to minimize dishes? Place the veggies on the roasting tray and drizzle the olive oil straight on to the vegetables – since they are only roasting for 20 minutes you don’t have to worry too much about the veggies sticking!
Do you have a favorite soup recipe? Share it with us!
Find more in the hashtag #healthyisyummy