These cookies also make for a great learning “snacktivity.” Having your kiddos help in the kitchen is beneficial for so many reasons. Not only is it an entertaining pastime, but it’s also an empowering, hands-on learning experience that teaches life skills and encourages more adventurous palates. Let them get creative while getting their hands in the mix!
Little kids and big kids can help with:
- “Pressing the button”
- Choosing mix-ins
- and the best part… Taste-testing!
*This recipe can also be vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
Try different combinations such as:
- Cardamom + dried mango bits
- Yogurt chips + craisins
- Pumpkin pie spice + dried apple bits
- Dipped in melted chocolate + chopped nuts
- Candied ginger + lemon zest
- Swapping out the vanilla for almond extract + lemon zest + poppy seeds
- Swapping out the vanilla for almond extract + sprinkles for a “birthday cake ball”