Ever go to a bakery and wish you could make those delicious pastries at home? Try this Chai-Spiced Pear Tart recipe, it is oh-so-easy and oh-so-delicious!
The inspiration for this dish came from a baby shower I hosted for one of my close friends. She had three requirements for the food:
- Pregnancy approved – safe for pregnant women to eat
- Finger foods – she didn’t want anyone to have to use utensils
- Delicious – she likes to eat almost as much as I do ;P
Our theme was “Around the World,” so I tasked myself to include in season, finger-friendly foods from across the globe.
Tarts are common among English and French cuisine and thought to have originated from medieval pie making. Pears are a natural fit for the dish as they are in season, absolutely delicious baked, and widely available at the market this time of year. What makes this tart especially delicious is the addition of the Chai Spiced Honey and toasted walnuts! Enjoy!
CHAI SPICED PEAR AND BRIE TART
- 2 refrigerated or frozen sheets of puff pastry
- 1 large pear or two small pears, thinly sliced
- 200 gm pasteurized brie (about 7 ounces of brie)
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Chai Spiced Honey
- Prep puff pastry and preheat oven according to packaging (some require thawing time and varying baking temperatures; typically, oven temp will be 400F).
- Roll out puff pastry to desired length and thickness; place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Wisk egg and water together and paint mixture on raw puff pastry, then place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While pastry dough is lightly baking, thinly slice pears and brie.
- Remove pastry from oven, layer dough with pear, brie, and walnuts, then drizzle with chai spiced honey. Bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Have you ever made a tart? What is your favorite?