This Chai-Spiced Honey Recipe is perfect swirled into your favorite black tea during chilly weather at the peak of flu season.
I love pretty much all tea, but one of my very favorite teas is a rich and fragrant spiced chai. I have been on the hunt for a new favorite chai tea ever since Celestial Seasonings changed their Mountain Chai blend. After years of chai tastings falling flat, I decided to create my own with a spiced honey recipe + black tea + milk. Yes, chai spiced honey is not the traditional way to make chai tea, but when you aren’t getting the flavor you are looking for in a tea bag or your loose-leaf blend, this perfectly sweetened mix of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and clove, is perfection.
And… my hubby says, and I quote, “the chai spiced honey milk is better than hot chocolate!” So, I will count that as a win and encourage you to try it for yourself. I don’t think you will regret it!
CHAI SPICED HONEY
- 1/2 cup local honey (great for allergy season!)
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1//8 teaspoon clove
- Pinch of ginger (add more if you like it spicy!)
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
Chai Tea Preparation
- Brew your favorite black tea.
- Heat 1-2 ounces of milk.
- Combine tea and milk, then stir in 1-2 teaspoons of chai spiced honey and enjoy!
Chai Milk Preparation
- Heat 6-8 ounces of milk.
- Combine milk and 2 teaspoons of chai spiced honey and enjoy!