Need a super quick and easy breakfast? Love breakfast sandwiches and run short on time weekday mornings? Start your day off right with a breakfast sandwich in a mug!
Breakfast Sandwich in a Mug
- Nonstick spray
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. shredded cheese
- 1/2 slice bread, English muffin, or bagel thin
- 1 slice lunch meat such as ham
- Optional: any of your favorite veggies like mushrooms, peppers or spinach!
- Coat mug with non-stick spray.
- Crack an egg, add milk and cheese then whisk with a fork.
- Break pieces of bread, lunch meat, and optional veggies into mug and mix.
- Place in microwave for 1:30; cook for additional 20-second increments until there is no remaining liquid around the edges of the mug.
EXPERT TIP! Don’t waste time measuring! Crack an egg into the cup, add a splash of milk and a pinch of shredded cheese. Also, try this recipe with raisin bread – you won’t be disappointed.
Find more in the hashtag #healthyisyummy