Pomegranate seeds are a sweet-tart fruit that makes the perfect addition to your traditional holiday favorites AND they add fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K to your plate. Beautiful and delicious, pomegranates are a great addition to any table, plate or dish!
Have you ever thought of adding these little red jewels to your holiday meals?
10 ways to use pomegranate in your festive feast:
- Make your cocktails festive! Mix pomegranate with your favorite liquors to create a refreshing adult beverage.
- Use them as a centerpiece, not only do they taste great, they are a beautiful addition to any holiday table.
- Please your taste buds with an appetizer of butternut squash, white bean, and goat cheese dip topped with pomegranate seeds.
- Spice up your holiday turkey with pomegranate gravy (this is a recipe on my list to try!)
- Looking for a palate-pleasing bite? Sprinkle pomegranate arils on your roasted brussels sprouts and other roasted veggies before serving.
- Try them in a green salad: Kale, Pear and Pomegranate Harvest Salad!
- Adorn your sweet potato casserole with these red beauties for a burst of color.
- Enjoy pomegranate as part of a seasonal fruit blend. Make making a fruit salad with pomegranate seeds and citrus such as grapefruit, mandarin oranges, and pomelos.
- Mix them in your cranberry sauce like this cranberry pomegranate relish recipe.
- Got left-overs? Sprinkle them on your ham or turkey, sandwich for a bright pop of flavor!
How will you incorporate pomegranate into your holiday meal?
Tips on how to pomegranate: Pick, Prep and Enjoy the Perfect Pomegranate
A delicious pomegranate salad recipe: Kale, Pear and Pomegranate Harvest Salad
Find more in the hashtag #healthyisyummy